If adding a phone number to your account isn't a viable option at this time, we think we’ve nailed down the process of setting up the Authy authentication app so that you and your colleagues can verify your Snap/Mish connection from a desktop. Even better, multiple users can link their Authy account to a single Snap account, making it a great solution for teams!
Here’s the rundown of instructions for setting Authy up for one user:
1. Install Authy either to desktop or use the google chrome extension.
2. Inside of Authy, create an authenticator account for the Snapchat account in question. Make sure the token is only 6 digits long.
3. Log into your Snapchat account natively (on your phone) and navigate to your settings by tapping the gear icon in the top righthand corner. Once in your settings, scroll down to “Two-Factor Authentication” and select “Authentication App” when prompted to choose an auth method. Next, select “Set Up Manually” and follow the prompts in both Authy and Snapchat to connect the accounts.
4. Relaunch Authy and leave it open to the selected account. You should see a new authentication code generating every 30 seconds.
5. Go to your Mish Account Status page and leave the Authy app open next to it. Attempt to connect your account on Mish Guru. When the prompt to enter a code appears, make sure to wait until the next code is generated so there is enough time for the code to be processed by our system. We need around 20 seconds to log in an account, meaning that if a code has less than 25 seconds left before a new one is generated, the code will expire before the system can log you in ⚡
6. Voila! Your account is verified! ✅